SPRING VS THE MIMPI MATTRESS
You would think picking a mattress would be easy but anyone who has tried a mattress in a showroom knows it is a confusing research project.
Do you want something firm and supportive or fluffy as a cloud? Choosing the right mattress material and construction, can make all the difference how you sleep.
Spring mattresses are old school: people often inherit these mattresses from their parents so they stay in the family for too long. The way they work is simple: springs press back against the weight applied to them distributing weight and providing support. The internal metal coils can have different shapes, sizes, weights, and varieties, and are encased in upholstery or foam. More modern spring mattresses have evolved to feature “micro-springs” and “gel-wrapped coils.” This may sound fancy, but they effectively work the same way.
Things to consider:
- Wear and tear becomes evident quickly, making them feel lumpy and uneven. This can negatively affect your sleep within the first couple years of owning the mattress.
- Even the most innovative springs can develop uncomfortable pressure points since they apply the same amount of pressure to the heavier parts of your body as your more sensitive spots.
- Isolating movement is nearly impossible, so you’ll always feel (and likely hear) your partner getting up in the middle of the night.
- On the whole, spring mattresses often lack the even and balanced experience that something foam can provide.
- Consumers often find themselves purchasing an additional comfort layer for added softness only a couple years into owning the mattress.
THE MIMPI DIFFERENCE
In our design process we experimented with hundreds of materials on the market and considered the benefits and disadvantages of each. However, settling on one single option wouldn’t give us all the qualities we wanted in a mattress: amazing comfort and support, temperature stability, and long-term durability. Instead of using an imperfect material, MIMPI designed a mattress with a blend of materials to achieve the best of all worlds. The top comfort layer emulates the bounciness of the springs, while our memory foam layer underneath supports you through the night. Best of all, it keeps you cool while most foam mattresses sleep hot.
MIMPI feels unlike anything on the market: it’s both soft and cushy, while also providing excellent support and staying cool all night. Best of all, it’s built to last (and comes standard with 10-year warranty.)
MIMPI is the perfect mattress for everyone.