You’ve likely known that those who wake up earlier are more successful. You may even have set the goal to adjust your wake up time. But, deciding to wake up early may be difficult for some people. Many people have a bad night routine, making it difficult to sleep well. Read on to discover how to sleep well and wake up early every day!
How to sleep well every night
In order to wake up earlier, you’ll have to go to bed earlier too. If you’re ready to skip your favorite late-night shows and willing to join the morning bird crowd, here are some tips to get you started:
Practice good sleep hygiene
Sleep hygiene is a term that includes rituals, behaviors, habits, and rules that are followed by someone to be able to sleep. The most important elements of sleep hygiene are:
- Bedroom temperature must not be too hot or too cold
- The darker your bedroom, the better your sleep will be
- Learn to relax before going to bed
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol consumption at night
- Wake up at the same time every morning, even on weekends
- Turn off all screens at least an hour before bed
- Using the bedroom only for sleeping
Learn more about sleep hygiene here.
Live a healthy lifestyle
Many researches have shown that there’s a deep connection between how well you sleep and all the lifestyle choices you make during the day.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet
- Find a relaxing ritual, such as meditation, deep breathing, or writing a journal
- Increase your physical activity in the morning or day
Have a good morning routine
Here is the list of ideas to start your day!
- Make your bed
- Drink a full glass of water
- Take a cold shower and brush your teeth
- Expose yourself to sunlight
- Be grateful
Use great quality mattress and pillows
Research has found that swapping an uncomfortable old bed for a new one could give you an extra 42 minutes of sleep a night. Even a high-quality mattress break down over time with the layers will provide you less and less support. In fact, the feel of your mattress, pillows, sheets, and pajamas affects the quality of your sleep. Your mattress should be comfortable and supportive so that you wake up feeling rested, not achy or stiff.
Mimpi can help you!
Did you know that latex is one of the best mattress materials? If you’re in the market for a new mattress, Mimpi’s latex mattresses are a perfect choice for you! We provide spinal alignment support, pressure relief, and cool feeling – three key elements for better sleep. Learn more about Mimpi’s mattresses here.