Mimpi will guide you to better sleep, because we care!
- Orthopedic Mattress
- How to choose the best orthopedic mattress
- The good and bad of an Orthopedic Mattresses
- What makes an orthopedic bed
- What makes a mattress an orthopedic mattress
- Where to buy a high-quality orthopedic mattress
- How is an orthopedic mattress beneficial for relieving backache
A comfortable sleep is crucial to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Everyone needs a great sleep.
Many people who suffer from night time and morning pains might find a solution in buying a new mattress.
Whilst the underlying causes of bad sleep vary from person to person, aches and pains from injuries can result in a lot of tossing and turning, causing more back stress and joint pressure. This generally wears you down and makes you tired so while the perfect mattress won’t fix all your problems, it can surely help you address the issues associated with back and joint pain.
These days you notice a lot of orthopedic mattresses on the market, but what exactly is an orthopedic mattress? And what difference does it make from the other regular mattresses?
An orthopedic mattress is a mattress that contours to your body, thereby it helps to alleviate joint pressure and aligns the spine in a neutral position.
It is interesting to know, there is no singular standard for an orthopedic mattress, but it surely must help to support you in all the right places, giving you the optimal push-back where needed and lets you sink in other places, by moulding to the contours of your body.
An orthopedic mattress is often constructed with high-quality materials such as A Grade Natural Latex and Memory Foam that spread the pressure evenly across your body. The high density of the supportive foams will help to alleviate the consistent pressure on joints.
An orthopedic mattress both provides relief for people who suffer of back and joint pain, and sets you up to experience less pain or discomfort during the day. It will reduce joint stress by providing a firm bed surface who spreads the pressure of your body evenly across the surface.
Gradually, this type of bed will improve posture. The common types of orthopedic mattress often consist of latex, memory foam or foam fillings and most often the best ones consist of a combination of these materials.
How to choose the best orthopedic mattress?
Several factors define the quality of an orthopedic mattress:
- Study the materials used in the mattress. We concluded that most spring beds made from coil lose support and shape after some time causing back pain and painful sleep.
- A firm mattress can be better for your back and spine but it still needs to contours to your body. There need to be comfort layers so the mattress can’t be as hard as a rock as that is not healthy either.
- Although not everyone is fond of a hard sleeping surface, you need to figure out the hardness level on your own. An orthopedic mattress must uphold your back and joints but still align with your body. For this it makes sense you look for a mattress brand who offers a free trial period as you must sleep on a mattress for a few weeks before you make a verdict.
- It is very important to consider the warranty and the longevity of the mattress.
The good and bad of an Orthopedic Mattresses:
- They provide total support and neutral spine alignment.
- They relieve pressure and minimise pressure at common sleep pressure points.
- They are comfortable and usually made of high-quality materials compared to many other beds.
- Most orthopedic mattresses are not made with coils as they lose support over time. A spring bed is not your best choice when looking for an orthopedic mattress.
- It’s hard to distinguish a real orthopedic mattress from those claiming to be.
- They are more expensive than regular mattresses.
What makes an orthopedic bed?
The answer to what makes a good orthopedic bed is not as simple as one brand or one material. Aside from high quality materials, an orthopedic mattress should have a straight surface and strong support for the spine but still contour to your body.
It all depends on the materials used inside. Obviously, the higher the quality of materials, the better the bed will be. And we’ll say it one more time: an orthopedic mattress will generally have solid and straight support for your spine and joints, but be made of materials that mould to your body on various angles and sleeping positions.
The Mimpi Orthopedic covers all this. See more here.
What makes a mattress an orthopedic mattress?
An orthopedic mattress is only qualified to be called orthopedic if it provides health benefits for sleepers and lessens back stress by evenly spreading weight distribution.
In many cases, an orthopedic bed is a marketing term, and many of the so-called “orthopedic mattresses” out there are owned by people still suffering from pain and looking for a real orthopedic mattress (maybe that is you?).
You need to look for a bed that has been certified to support the health of your spine. And in the end, you are likely better off with a premium mattress rather than a regular old mattress that just has a label and no science or technology to back it up.
What is the material for the orthopedic mattress?
Keep in mind that an orthopedic bed has no specific materials, but instead has specific purposes. Any kind of mattress can be called an orthopedic mattress as long it supports and targets the joints, shoulders, hips, and spine.
It is important to know that coils used in spring beds lose their support due to metal fatigue hence these type of mattresses might not be your best orthopedic solution after a period of time.
There are several common qualities found in a real orthopedic mattress:
- Memory foam components
- Latex core or sheet
- A layered composition of the above and more materials.
Where to buy a high-quality orthopedic mattress?
Before buying a mattress, make sure you do your research and go deep with reviews. Surf websites and ratings and look for additional comments from other buyers. Make sure you have found the perfect and ideal bed for you. Youtube is a great tool to look for more information and reviews.
Are you still skeptical? Try Mimpi’s 100 nights free trial. If you don’t like it you can send the mattress back and get a full refund!
Is this true ?
Yes, this is true. We are so confident in our technology that we give all our customers the most unbelievable return policy you will never have to use. You can try your new Mimpi mattress for 100 nights in the comfort of your home, no obligations. If you don’t love it, Mimpi will organise the return and give you a full refund. No complaints, only smiles.
It’s common knowledge that you can only decide if a new mattress is the perfect mattress once you have slept on it for a few weeks. For this reason, Mimpi gives you the chance to sleep on your new mattress for 100 nights so you can discover that you really like it.
Mimpi Orthopedic is one of the most durable and comfortable mattresses in the world. Designed and manufactured in Belgium with luxurious and innovative technology, Mimpi Sleep will send you right off in your perfect sleeping position.
And aches and pains aside, Mimpi Orthopedic has a Zero Disturbance Technology, so there will be no sleeping disturbance from your partner throughout the night either.
How is an orthopedic mattress beneficial for relieving backache?
Several mattresses can reduce back pain and provide proper spine alignment as long as they don’t lose support. The key lies in the support that an orthopedic mattress offers you. For that you need to investigate what materials are used inside the mattress and what quality are the materials made from.
It is important to know that coils of spring beds lose support over time. Mimpi orthopedic mattresses will keep its support for at least 10 years. For that Mimpi Sleep offers a 10 Year Warranty.
Every single Mimpi Mattress comes with our 10 Year Warranty, guaranteeing each client an incredible 3,650 nights of great sleep! Since we use premium materials in our mattress design and have spent years perfecting the process, we know that our products are built to last.
Our Warranty covers any technical flaws that can cause the mattress to lose its shape, any splitting or cracking due to normal use and usual handling. As long as you treat the Mimpi Mattress right, you are sure to have at least 10 years of comfortable nights.
Our Rigorous Testing Process
To truly test the durability of our mattresses, we place them in a 10-year sleep simulation to study the customer experience as time goes on. The results were pleasantly surprising, as the Mimpi Mattresses only showed an average indent of 2mm over 10 years. To put that in perspective, a premium spring mattress has an average indent of 20mm over 10 years, which is over 10 times that of Mimpi! Some of the less expensive mattresses even have an indent of more than 5 cm and can lose its support 100 %.
The special blend of the layers in Mimpi mattresses create a surface that is firm and soft in all the right places, increasing blood circulation and correcting posture while you sleep. The secret is in our technology.
Mimpi’s four premium layers are designed to support your spine alignment so that you can regain the maximum level of comfort.
- The technology applied in Mimpi Orthopedic helps to minimise back problems through the neutral alignment of the spine and promotes blood circulation.
- Supporting and long-lasting natural latex and memory foam is designed with ideal firmness which makes Mimpi’s mattress a durable and high-quality orthopedic mattress.
- The unique 7 Body-Zone Support technology and 4-Layer combination of premium materials (A Grade Natural Latex, Premium Memory Foam, High Resilience Foam and Support Foam) offers unmatched comfort and support.
- This premium 25 cm mattress is specifically crafted for you who has slight to severe backaches and joints.
Mimpi Orthopedic is covered with a Belgian-woven outer case that can be zipped off and washed for easier cleaning.